The Parade Shopping Centre in Shrewsbury are hosting a “Victorian Christmas Fayre” over the weekend of:
- Saturday 2nd December 2017 – 10:00 to 17:00
- Sunday 3rd December 2017 – 10:00 to 1600
Promising a weekend full of fun for everyone the Fayre includes:
- a Reindeer funfair ride
- Mulled Wine and Roasted Chestnuts
- local crafted gifts
- Christmas games and a fun Christmas Competition
- a “Chocolate Workshop” where children can decorate their own chocolate lollipop
Former Royal Salop Infirmary
The Parade Shopping Centre is located at St. Mary’s Place and is housed in a former hospital, the Royal Salop Infirmary, which was completed in 1830 and built in the “Greek Revival Style” of architecture.
This was once the main hospital for Shrewsbury and the surrounding county of Shropshire (aka Salop)
The first two images used in this blog post are copyright The Parade Shopping Centre.