The annual Shrewsbury Folk Festival 2018 starts on Friday 24th August and continues through Bank Holiday Monday 27th August.
Saturday August 25th offers a rare appearance of the legendary guitarist Richard Thompson with his Electric Trio. Named by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of top 20 Guitarists of All Time, the former founding member of folk legends Fairport Convention will be headlining on the Bellstone Stage.
The festival prides itself on the eclectic line-up of performers from across the UK and features:
- four main music stages
- a dance tent with ceilidhs, workshops and dance shows
- a craft fair
- a food village
- real ale, prossecco and cocktail bars
Amongst the performers this year:
- Steeleye Span
- Peter Knight’s Gigspanner Big Band
- BBC Folk Award winner Daoirí Farrell
- Scottish folk rockers Skerryvore
- Irish super group Usher’s Island
- The Remnant Kings
- American singer songwriter Gretchen Peter
You can find more information at the Shrewsbury Folk Festival Web site.
The image at the top of this blog post is copyright Shrewsbury Folk Festival and used with their kind permission.