This post provides you with advance notice of the dates of these Shrewsbury Festivals in 2018.
Shrewsbury Food Festival 2018
The Shrewsbury Food Festival is considered to be one of the best events of its kind in the UK and returns for its sixth year on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 2018.
The festival features:
- more than 200 food, drink and craft exhibitors
- two live music stages
- a huge kids activity area
- talks and demonstrations from the country’s best chefs
- a hands-on cookery school
- kids cookery
You can find more information at the Shrewsbury Food Festival Web site.
Shrewsbury Folk Festival 2018
The annual Shrewsbury Folk Festival returns to the West Midlands Showground in Shrewsbury over the August Bank Holiday weekend commencing Friday 24th August 2018.
The festival prides itself on the eclectic line-up of performers from across the UK and features:
- four main music stages
- a dance tent with ceilidhs, workshops and dance shows
- a craft fair
- a food village
- real ale, prosecco and cocktail bars
At the time of writing the line-up was still being developed, but some highlights already announced include:
- Steeleye Span
- Peter Knight’s Gigspanner Big Band
- BBC Folk Award winner Daoirí Farrell
- Scottish folk rockers Skerryvore
- Irish super group Usher’s Island
- The Remnant Kings
- American singer songwriter Gretchen Peter
The festival has become one of the leading folk events in the UK with an attendance of over 7,000 many of whom return year after year.
You can find more information at the Shrewsbury Folk Festival Web site.
Shropshire Oktoberfest 2018
Following the huge success of the first Shropshire Oktoberfest in 2017, this festival returns on Friday 5th October, Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th October 2018.
The Shropshire Oktoberfest features:
- the region’s top brewers
- the best beers
- the best music in the best venue
- a gin den
- a prosecco parlour
- a lager bar
- and a comedy club
You can find more information at the Shropshire Oktoberfest Shropshire Oktoberfest Web site.
The images used in this blog post are copyright of the respective festival organisers and used with their kind permission.